Saturday, May 2, 2015

Free Comic Book Day 2015!

Welcome to Amazing Arizona Comics!  If you're visiting because you've picked up one of my Free Comic Book Day stories in Phoenix, Flagstaff, or Tucson, thank you for picking up my little issue, and I hope you enjoy the full color digital version posted.

These Paul Bunyon/Muffler Man statues pepper our great American landscape (you can read their origin on Wikipedia here), and I know of three in Arizona: one in each of the cities I've featured in my Free Comic Book Day specials.  Amazing Arizona Comics strives to tell our state's strangest stories, and how they connect us to the rest of the world, and our towering Paul Bunyons are the epitome of that.

So, if you picked up a FCBD story, you know how it begins, with the cantankerous Copper Queen in Bisbee . . . 


And then, in Phoenix. . .


And then, in Flagstaff. . .


And then, in Tucson. . .


And then, finally. . .


The Copper Queen will return!  And find out how the Bunyons really turn back to normal in Amazing Arizona Comics #12, due out in July!

That's right, I'm aiming to publish Amazing Arizona Comics monthly for the rest of the year, and I could use your help.  I've launched a Kickstarter so you can easily subscribe to one, two, four, or all eight remaining 2015 issues.  


I'll post updates of the latest issues (#11 drops next week!) as we get closer to the Kickstarter deadline.  Again, as always, thank you for reading, and I promise there's more to come!  Amazing Arizona Comics is getting big . . . Paul Bunyon big!

No comments:

Post a Comment