Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Amazing Arizona Comics Winter Tour!

Orko at Phoenix FanFest.
I know I promised more tales from Phoenix Comicon's FanFest last month, but like Orko here conjuring a sketch of Cringer, I've concocted more chances for you to find Amazing Arizona Comics in and around Phoenix!  (Dig that cameo from another magician behind Orko -- imagine that crossover!)

That's right, the Amazing Arizona Comics Winter Tour has begun!  Thanks to {9} the Gallery for hosting my first stop during their First Friday exhibit opening (which is a tremendous exhibit, by the way -- catch it while you can).   With Christmas right around the corner, folks seemed interested in comics co-starring Santa Claus, and following her amazing year in theaters, Wonder Woman was a popular request for sketches.

Sketching at First Friday.  Picture courtesy Kathleen Plasko.

Drinking and drawing at Palo Verde.
The tour continued last Thursday at the Palo Verde Lounge, where Bunny Vomit creator Birdie Birdashaw, B-Sides publisher Marna Kay, and I hosted the first in a series of drink and draw events.  We set up a small pop-up shop of comics and zines, and I sold some back issues of Amazing Arizona Comics right out of the back of my truck.  Thanks to everyone that came, had a brew, and drew!

We may have had a crowded house, but don't worry, folks -- it's not over yet!  I'll be at Drawn to Comics on Saturday, December 16th, set up next to Forever Etched Mirrors and Glass. Come by for a free sketch, and locally self-published minicomic starring Speed Cameron, Santa Claus, and more of Arizona's own superheroes.  They make great stocking stuffers, and, to me, the real gift is this chance to share my stories with you.  'Tis the season, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment