Monday, August 29, 2016

Summer's Issues of Amazing Arizona Comics!

self-publishingI didn't realize how eclectic this summer's covers of Amazing Arizona Comics were until I looked at them all together!

May's issue kicks off the second act of 2016's year-long adventure with Santa Claus, and Tommy Cannon (mastermind behind Fred the Mustard Packet) introduced the issue's antagonists, The Rushmore Four, with amazing energy!  Truth be told, his was one of the first guest covers submitted late last year, and I'm thrilled to finally unveil it.

minicomics self-publishing zines comic booksDerk Harron's cover for June's issue is an homage to the poster for This Is The End, which, unbeknownst to him, is an appropriate tie-in to the story's content, which reveals the bitter break-up of the Agents of F.L.A.G.  Derk's watercolor work is incredible, and I'm totally blown away by everything he does, with this piece as the pinnacle of what I've seen him do.  Visit his website today!

minicomics self-publishing
I officially met Martin Scott at last year's Phoenix Comicon, and after chatting at 2015's Jack Kirby Birthday Celebration, I confirmed that he was a genius of graphic design.  His zines, published as the Federal Bureaucratic Commission, are the best zines I've ever seen and read.  I knew he'd bring something unique to July's cover, with the simple description: "Speed Cameron and Santa Claus vs. Uncle Sam."  Behold the result, and buy his stuff here.


Santa Claus Speed CameronAugust's cover is special for a few reasons.  Issue #26 is my second 24 hour comic, produced this time via funds raised for the American Cancer Society, so the support of my friends and fans that contributed is immensely humbling.  Further, dear friend Gary Bowers recreated a few of the panels in a cover that boasts the early days of Marvel Comics, when covers were vignettes of the story inside.  His raw graphics strip the images to their intent with intensity, and I love it.  Gary's art, poetry, and general writings of genius can be found on his blog, that I encourage you to bookmark and read always and often.

These issues will be collected and available via Paypal here soon, so please come back for more -- if not for my sake, than for my friends', that keep Amazing Arizona Comics truly amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment