Sunday, August 13, 2017

Appreciation Week Begins!

It's been nearly two months since I've updated the ol' blog . . . no, I didn't take that long to recover from this year's 24 Hour Comic Challenge, thankyouverymuch!  I've been busy making and selling Amazing Arizona Comics, of course!

I owe this busy summer to a lot of folks willing to take a chance on Amazing Arizona Comics, so I thought I'd spend the next few days expressing my appreciation to local and state-away businesses that have offered time and space to me these past several weeks.  You can never have enough gratitude, people!

Speaking of that 24 Hour Comic Challenge, my first Gratitude Platitude goes out to Drawn to Comics.  Ken and Susan Brown were kind enough to let me draw in their storefront window again, and they've upped the ante of their hospitality by agreeing to host a part of this year's Phoenix Celebrates Jack Kirby's 100th Birthday (more to come on that next week). Drawn to Comics recently won a spot on TravelandLeisure.com's Best Comic Book Stores in U.S. list, so I couldn't be more honored to work with them.  

Fun Fact!  Did you know DTC's Ken Brown and I co-host a podcast, aptly called the Drawn to Comics Podcast?  It's true! Here's an episode where Ken and I talk about our recent comics-related happenings, on SoundCloud.

If you're in the Metro Phoenix area, visit Drawn to Comics and tell 'em Russ sent ya.  It's a great shop, run by great people that love comics.  Oh, and here's the cover to that issue I drew in their window. . .


Next: San Diego or bust!



No comments:

Post a Comment