Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Kirby For A Day: Chapter 1



Here it is -- the first episode of Kirby For A Day!  You may remember when I first talked about this project in August.  August 28th would've been Jack Kirby's 100th birthday, and since I've been organizing Kirby-themed birthday celebrations in Phoenix for the past few years, I wanted to do something really special.  I asked some friends if they'd attempt the 24 Hour Comic Challenge -- drawing to a Kirby-themed prompt -- and let me record the whole thing.  They agreed, and this is the result!

Kirby For A Day is a web-based miniseries about four artists' 24 hours at the drawing board.  We filmed over the last weekend of August at Drawn to Comics in Glendale, and, always, my sincere thanks to Ken and Susan Brown for hosting this overnight event.  An overwhelming amount of appreciation goes to my brother Kyle, for editing that footage into the episodes we'll post over the next few weeks.  We're making this series via "the Marvel method," as I give Kyle the general concept of each episode, and he brings it to life.  In this way, he's the Kirby to my Stan Lee, pushing the theme of the show that much further.

So . . . please watch!  My closest associates in self-publishing dedicated a great deal of time and energy to make this project happen, and they deserve your eyes and ears . . . if only for a few minutes every week.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment