Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Appreciation Week, Part 4!


Welcome back to Appreciation Week, where I give thanks to the people and places that have brought you Amazing Arizona Comics!  Before I dive into a local venue that gave me some time and space this past month, I have to give a belated birthday shout-out to my friend Bob, proprietor of Evermore Nevermore, the once-brick-and-mortar store now turned online hub for local artisans.  Amazing Arizona Comics essentially debuted at Evermore Nevermore, and Bob has been an avid supporter and friend ever since.  I hope you had a special day, Bob, and I wish you many more to come!

Follow Bob on Instagram @bobleep1 to see amazing photography from his walks and hikes around the state.  Gorgeous stuff.

Phoenix really is home to many cool people and places.  One of those places is Bonus Round, a barcade that usually has my favorite beer* on tap -- and free play on all of their retro video games.  Yes.  Free.  A few weeks ago, I set up there for their weekly Artists' Showcase event.  I met two other great artists that night: David Morgan (@dmorganart) and TJEN (@baconcat) -- both fellow redheads!  A rarity in the wild, indeed.

Gingertes Artistus

I sold a few issues of Amazing Arizona Comics and drew caricatures, including these three lovely ladies that asked to be depicted as superheroes.  Thank you, all for swinging by the table -- and thank you, Bonus Round, for supporting local artists!  Swing by every first Saturday, people!  Local music, art, and brew are free flowing!


*My favorite beer right now is Huss Brewing's Koffee Kolsch.  Buy me a pint, you'll get comics for free -- I guarantee it!

Next: The Hive!

No comments:

Post a Comment