Thursday, August 17, 2017

Appreciation Week, part 5

Welcome back to Appreciation Week, where I thank the people and places that have brought you Amazing Arizona Comics this summer!  Today's shout-out -- Wasted Ink Zine Distro at The Hive!

Wasted Ink Zine Distro is an amazing zine and minicomics shop, open during the weekends and on special events, in Central Phoenix's The Hive, an artists' co-op that also hosts Silent Flight Coffee, the Bees' Knees Boutique, and a sweet little gallery. WIZD has carried Amazing Arizona Comics since they opened over a year ago, and I'm very grateful.

Fun Fact!  Did you know I host a live, local late night talk show?  It's true!  It's called Phoenix Tonight, and new episodes are posted monthly on YouTube.  Yes, I deliver a monologue, perform comedy bits from my desk, and interview local celebrity guests!  I've had a few notable guests from the comic industry, from my self-publishing friends Birdie Birdashaw and Tommy Cannon, to published writers like Brian Augustyn, to local shop owners like Drew Sully and Ken Brown.  It's exciting to have this unique way to combine my love of comics with late night talk shows!

Taping Phoenix Tonight with Steve Rude

Well, the latest episode was filmed at The Hive just last week, and my first guest was none other than comics legend Steve Rude!  He answered my questions about the beginning of his career, his latest projects, and meeting Jack Kirby.  The episode will be posted on YouTube soon -- click the link above to subscribe now, so you can catch it as soon as it comes out!

Many thanks to Wasted Ink and The Hive for making that show happen.  If you're ever in Central Phoenix, grab a coffee, enjoy some art in their gallery, and shop!

Next: Pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment